Torque Star Drag
The Penn Torque Series Star-Drag Reels offers super-high drag capabilities with fewer parts than a traditional reels. Crank up the drag and the machined side plate absorbs any load you can dish out, all without causing any binding of the main and pinion gear. Gears, pinions, and handle maintain perfect alignment no matter how heavy the load. Penn TRQ Reels are Made in USA! The PENN Torque Star Drag is made in the USA from a full metal body for added durability. It features a Live Spindle Design™ providing superior casting and a smooth retrieve because the pinion disengages from the pinion significantly reducing friction.
Line capacity rings tell you when it is full, 2/3rds and 1/3rd capacity and the 3 position clicker adjusts to heavy light or off.
A HT-100™ drag washer Versa-Drag™ system provides smooth drag even under heavy loads. The 40 size feature Switch Blade™ Harness Lugs.
2011 is the year Penn started renumbering their conventional reels with 40 for 4/0, 50 for 5/0, etc., to make the model numbering more consistent.
Name/Series: Torque Star Drag
- Machined and anodized aluminum body and sideplates
- Lightweight forged aluminum spool
- Stainless steel main and pinion gear
- Live spindle with free floating spool
- Versa-Drag™ system with HT-100™ washers
- 7 sealed stainless steel ball bearings
- Instant anti-reverse bearing with silent back up ratchet
- Three Position Adjustable Bait Clicker
- Switchblade Harness Lugs on 40 size only
TORQUE star drag reels come standard with a 6.0:1 Gear
Ratio for rapid line retrieve. However you may find the need for a lower Gear
Ratio in certain fishing situations, for example: bottom fishing where power is more important than speed. For these situations we offer our Versa-Gear™ system which allows you to easily purchase and install a 5.4:1 or 4.8:1 ratio. Versa-Gear sets are sold where ever PENN reels are sold.
- Versa-Gear™ sets change Gear
Ratio from 6.0:1 to 4.8:1 or 5.4:1. Instructions on changing gear sets.
RETURN TO TOP to order parts and view schematics