Defiance Series REEL SPECS
First Year Manf.: 2011 DISCONTINUED: 2015
If you need an affordable saltwater reel that packs enough punch to get just about any species back to the boat, check out the PENN Defiance. Defiance is built with stainless steel frame rings and uses a level wind so your line lays on the spool evenly. The reel features a machine-cut, marine-grade bronze main gear with hardened stainless steel pinion and HT-100 carbon-fiber drag washers. Four shielded stainless steel bearings with instant anti-reverse give the reel a smooth operation. The spool sports three easy to see line capacity rings so you can take inventory on the amount of remaining line and a large knob on the handle provides comfortable retrieves.
(bdoutdoors.com 2011 Review)
Name/Series: Defiance Level Wind
- Lightweight graphite frame and sideplates
- Forged, machined and anodized aluminum spool
- Stainless steel frame rings enhances rigidity to prevent "frame flex"
- Machine-cut marine grade bronze main gear with hardened stainless steel pinion
- HT-100™ carbon fiber drag washers
- Line Capacity Rings
- 4 shielded stainless steel bearing system
RETURN TO TOP to order parts and view schematics